Well, yesterday was the first day of NaNoWriMo that I didn’t make it to the targeted word count. I updated my word count minutes before midnight to 8,161 words. 174 words short of the goal. *Sigh* I know I can catch up today, and that there will be more days when I don’t reach my goal, but I was feeling so proud for sticking to the plan thus far. Even though yesterday wasn’t a great day, I’m learning a lot from this experience. So far, I’ve learned that…
- The last 275 words of my daily word count goal are always the hardest to write.
- Inspiration tends to strike just as I’m finally ready to go to bed.
- Clicking on Word Count in Microsoft Word does not automatically result in more words magically appearing on the page.
- I should have outlined a LOT more!
- I work better when I write on paper and then transfer it to my computer.
Here’s to many more days of writing, learning, and growing!