Oh, the inner turmoil of both desperately wanting a book you love to live on in film and the fear of it being completely ruined by its film adaptation! “The book was better,” we find ourselves saying, yet we flock to the theaters with anticipation, hoping the director, actors, and screenplay got it right this time.
Check out my casting suggestions for the books below. I’d love to hear your ideas too.
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
- The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson