My four year old likes to watch Paw Patrol. And Shimmer and Shine. And Vampirina, and Puppy Dog Pals, and PJ Masks. She likes a lot of shows. But for some reason, she does not want to watch HBO, or go to the movie theater with me, or watch anything that isn’t animated. Thus why I’ve missed out on so many great book-to-screen adaptations in recent years.
If I had it my way, I’d love to catch up on all of these adaptations (I’ve read all of the books already):
- 13 Reasons Why
Book: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Ready Player One
- Book: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- Love, Simon
- Book: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- The Hate U Give
- Book: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- A Wrinkle in Time
- Book: A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Book: The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Every Day
- Book: Every Day by David Levithan
- Book: Wonder by R.J. Palacio
Looking at this list, I realize that I’ve posted something about just about every one of these books – and that many of them are personal favorites. I’ve got to get these watched!
Anyone have suggestions about which titles I should tackle first?